NovaFlex Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant develops high initial green strength so you don’t have to slow your production waiting for traditional glazings to cure.
Allowing for movement of assemblies within minutes of application without silicone transfer or glass shifting, NovaFlex Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant is a two-component, neutral cure silicone that rapidly builds adhesive and elastomeric strength for bedding or glazing of glass in residential and commercial window designs, to help speed up your production line.
- Rapid cure improves quality and reduces warranty claims
- Excellent primerless adhesion to most substrates and accessories
- Low pumping viscosity is easy on production equipment
- Adjustable ratio dials in your snap time
- Void-free filling of sealant joint
- Squeeze-out cleanup that’s quick and easy
- Long-term resistance to natural weathering
NovaFlex Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant develops high initial green strength so you don’t have to slow your production waiting for traditional glazings to cure. One of the largest advantages of Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant is how quickly it cures – within minutes rather than hours or days. This innovative two-part silicone sealant achieves a tensile strength of over 25 pounds psi after just 15 minutes – more than enough to move the window down the line.
Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant demonstrates outstanding long-term resistance to natural weathering including extreme temperatures, ultraviolet radiation, rain, and snow, with negligible change in elasticity. Formulated to support high manufacturing throughput, the variable mix ratio of Qwik-Set Glazing allows the cure profile to be dynamically adjusted based on plant conditions.
Silicone setting blocks are recommended for direct contact with Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant. Avoid using non-silicone materials (i.e., EPDM, Neoprene) as they could degrade or discolor the product seal over time. Compatibility testing is recommended on all material that are to be in direct contact with Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant. Do not use in or around highly oxidative chemicals such as liquid oxygen, chlorine, or peroxides. We do not recommend for use on joints continuously submerged under water or areas needing paint or stain.
Meets or exceeds the strength performance characteristics of ASTM C1184, AAMA 802.3-92, Type II, and AAMA 805.2-95, Group C.
Packaging and Lead Times
This product is available in the following formats:
- 5 gallon pail
- 55 gallon drum
Lead times are:
- 10 business days
Appearance Viscosity Extrusion Rate
1/8” Orifice @ 50 psi
Skin Over Time
3/8” @ 50% RH & 77°F
3/8” @ 50% RH & 77°F
Part A: Off White; Part B: Dark Gray; Mixed: Gray Part A: Semi-Flowable Paste; Part B: Paste -- -- --
Slump (Flow) Specific Gravity Tensile Strength
Service Temperature Application Temperature Adhesion
Joint Sealant Designation
No Slump 1.31 200 – 250 psi 350 – 425% -- 32 -40°F to 400°F (-40°C to 204°C) -20°F to 160°F(-29°C to 71°C) -- 7-Day Cure Aluminum: 10.4 lbf/in Glass: 10.6 lbf/in 15 minutes: 30 psi
30 minutes: 60 psi
Specifications ASTM C1184, AAMA 802.3-92, Type II, and AAMA 805.2-95, Group C
- Product Specifications
- Product Info Sheet - Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant
- Family Brochure - OEM Products
- Trifold - Qwik-Set Glazing Sealants
- TDS - NovaFlex Qwik-Set Glazing Sealant
- SDS - Novaflex-MQG-Qwik-Set-Glazing-Sealant-Base-Part_A
- SDS - Novaflex-MQG-Qwik-Set-Glazing-Sealant-Catalyst-Part_B
- SDS - Novaflex-QG0-Qwik-Set-Glazing-Sealant-Base-Part_A
- SDS - Novaflex-QG0-Qwik-Set-Glazing-Sealant-Catalyst-Part_B