UL 746E Certified Conformal Coatings
Novagard Achieves UL Certification for Two Conformal Coatings
Novagard is extremely proud to announce that we received UL 746E certification from UL Solutions on two of our conformal coatings.
- 800-505FC UV Alkoxy Dual Cure Sprayable Silicone
A conformal coating that cures in 3 – 5 seconds upon exposure to UV light. It has a secondary moisture cure for shadow areas that begins immediately and develops full adhesion in hours.
- 500-210 General Purpose Conformal Coating
This clear, moisture cured sprayable silicone offers simple “dispense and forget” processing and tack free performance in as little as 10 minutes.
UL 746E certification is obtained after the product passes a series of tests meant to evaluate whether a conformal coating can withstand sudden electrical surges and maintain its dielectric integrity. These tests are done in succession and include: voltage transient testing, dielectric withstand testing, and dielectric breakdown. In addition to the electrical testing, there is also a vertical burn flammability test conducted as part of the UL 746E certification. Both of these Novagard conformal coatings are rated V1 for flammability.
Novagard conformal coatings
- offer good adhesion to electronic substrates
- protect Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) that are used in electronics, automotive & EV electronics, aerospace, renewable energy, LED lighting, medical devices, telecommunications equipment, and other demanding environments
- contain NO added solvents: no isocyanates, benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, or xylene
- are PFAS free and tin free
With the miniaturization and electrification of everything, silicones play a vital role in today’s manufacturing process. Novagard electronics grade alkoxy silicones offer superior performance, combining increased flexibility and high temperature resistance to provide more versatility in the design and assembly process. Novagard silicones reliably seal, bond, coat, gasket, and encapsulate to protect sensitive components and modules, enabling and enhancing our customers’ technological innovations.
If you would like to sample one of these conformal coatings, please fill out the form on this page.
To sample one of these conformal coatings, please fill out the form.
"*" indicates required fields